OK Truth. My favorite baking recipe that I make, is Banana Bread. This bread is darker and richer than what you’re used to seeing because it cooks low and slow and caramelizes everything while cooking. Enjoy it- it’s super simple and fast to make- I keep old Bananas in the freezer and put them in warm water for 10 minutes to peel them. I’ve started playing with inclusions lately too- I did this recipe with Blueberries- YUM! and the most recent was with Strawberry preserves that I made from farmers market strawberries.
- 3 over-ripe Bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 Cup of Sugar and a tablespoon or so of Molasses(or ½ C with a half C of any fruit Preserves you like- I just did Lemon Strawberry- OMG)
- ¼ C Oil (Coconut or Canola, not Olive)
- ⅓ C Buttermilk or Plain Yogurt (I frequently substitute Soy milk + zest and 1 lemon's juice- now that's a standard)
- 1 Lemon's zest and juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1-3/4 C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- Start the bananas and sugar on medium heat until bubbling, remove from heat and let cool for 20 mins then add oil and vanilla. Combine dairy and lemon and egg together and add it to the banana mixture. Whisk dry ingredients together- Flour, salt, baking soda
- Turn Oven on to 325º and Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and bake for 1 hour and 20 mins or until it's no longer soft in the middle. Minimum 1 hour 20 mins.
Let cool for at least a half hour- I know I know- Life’s rough.